Competition is shaking as one of the trendiest manufacturers is entering the low-cost market for good. Asus, known for its quality products has revealed at Computex, the MeMo Pad HD7, an Android tablet at the price of $129 dollars or 65,00 FCFA with an 8 Go storage space of 75,000 FCFA for a storage space of 16 Go. The MeMoPad HD7 will feature:
- a 7″ IPS of 1280 x 800 pixels definition
- a quadruple core processor ARM Cortex-A7, coupled with a 1Go RAM
- two cameras, one frontal of 1,2 megapixels and the back one has a 5 megapixels resolution
- depending on the model an 8 or 16 Go storage space, expendable with micro SD cards
- 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 as well as a GPS functionality
At this price, the device seems like a dream. This would not be Asus’ first time in the low-cost device market, the Taiwanese brand partnered with Google for the creation of the Nexus 7, revealed during Google I/O 2012.