The TED Conferences (Technology, Entertainment and Design), are a series of international conferences organized by the Sapling Foundation. The foundation was created to promote ideas worth spreading.
TEDx (Independently organized TED Event) is a program that allows schools and companies to benefit from an experience similar to TED through events that they organize themselves.
In Dakar’s first edition, the conference TEDx Sandaga “The hand and the Eye” will be held on Tuesday May 28th 2013 at 8.00pm at the Theatre de Verdure de l’Institut Français de Dakar.
One of the key features of the TED conferences is the quality of the speakers who come and share their experiences in various domains. The Senegalese edition will feed you with knowledge from:
- Maram KAIRE, President of the Senegalese Association for the Promotion of Astronomy (ASPA)
- Aissa DIONE, CEO of Aissa Dione Tissus (ADT)
- Karim SY, Founder at Jokkolabs
- Matthieu CHUPIN, Fonder and General Manager of Club Dakar-Sacré-Cœur
- Emmanuel HEANAO, Co-founder of LinkedAfrica.com
- Yayi Bayam DIOUF, President of the Women’s Group against illegal emigration (COFLEC)
- Omar Victor DIOP, Photographer
Do not miss this!